Where is Kryder's Money?
The Standard of Fort Wayne: what would Lincoln Think?
names and faces of
The Standard Building
at 215 East Berry Street have always concealed
the owners of Lot 95 Original Plat.
In 1902, according to some Fort Wayne historical accounts, the former "Rink" was demolished on Lot 95 Original Plat and rebuilt with the present edifice called "Elektron."
Other accounts say "The Elektron Building" was erected in 1894-95 for "Jenny Electric" forerunner to "General Electric."
Historic photography shows that in 1913 the building was titled "Lincoln Life," which was incorporated in 1905.
The Standard Building Company, Inc. filed Articles in 1923, concurrent with a loan of $300,000.00 by local investors to Lincoln National Life Insurance Company. The paid in capital of The Standard Building Company,Inc. was $350,000.00.
While Clarence Kryder occupied rooms 202, 203, 204, 224, 225-226, and 309, and until 1982, 215 East Berry Street was called "The Standard Building."
Who would have thought in 1982 the owner of The Standard Building Company would be "Evans Properties," a corporation which had lapsed since 1931 and on the death of Evans was owned by Clem Drees, Accountant and Lincoln National Bank and Trust?
The value of The
Standard Building Company,Inc. as declared to the Allen County Recorder
and the IRS in 1983 was barely $200,000.00
Though stockholders were told the coporation dissolved September 1983, The Standard Building Company, Inc. was dissolved in 1987.
of Some of Clarence and Minnie Viola "Disler" Kryder's Realty:
Site by Leigh M. Fulghum | firstname.lastname@example.org 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005